|What is Coolapedia?
· Coolapedia is a wiki, allowing people to collect and edit their knowledge & expertise in one place at any time.
· In 650 categories, the wiki gives shoppers free access to newly created product and category information.
· Ours is a network of peers lending their experience, ingenuity and insights.
· The content is generated by volunteer participants, students and generous experts.
· Wikis truly represent social media’s foundation of user-generated content.
· Users can edit and improve their insights at will, free to all.
· Contributors are first invited to Vote on Products to help determine what is cool and to help acquaint them with the existing inventory.
· Articles come from a survey taken by participants, that centers on products, insights into trends, info to help shoppers learn more about the category and opinions on how-to-gift in a given category.
· Take: The Coolapedia Article Survey
'In responses, we encourage opinions on products that you feel support (or are contrary to) your insights. Remember CoolProducts does not sell: books, CDs, DVDs, or apparel. We seek items that are: 1. appropriate, 2. high quality and 3. available in reasonable quantities.'
· Besides being a great help, we hope this expert sharing helps contributors hone their own expertise and credibility.